Enrolment for New Students 2022-2023

To enrol at ESCI-UPF, you need to have received confirmation from the Catalan Government’s University Access Orientation Office or UPF that you have been awarded a place on the Bachelor’s Degree in International Business and Marketing or the Bachelor’s Degree in Bioinformatics.

Before enrolling, check that you have been awarded a place on the accesnet portal (13 July 2022*).

You need to enrol at ESCI-UPF in person. If you cannot come yourself, you may authorise someone to come in your place; this person should bring their ID (original and photocopy), an authorisation signed by you and all the documentation and information required to carry out the enrolment process.

ENROLMENT DATES

  • First preference: 15 to 20 July 2022*
  • Definitive allocation: 20 July 2022*
  • Other preferences: 26 to 28 July 2022*

*Pending publication of definitive dates by the Spanish authorities

Key PAU exam dates on the Catalan Government website

Enrolment

Once you have been awarded a place, check the date and time you have been assigned to enrol and enter your ID here to see details of your appointment. If you do not enrol on your assigned date and time, you will lose your place

Required documentation

Els documents que has de portar per tal de poder matricular-te són:

  • For students who have already started a university course elsewhere: original document showing payment of fee to transfer their academic transcript (you should request this document at your other university) and photocopy or printout of your PAU scores.
  • If you are entitled to a discount on the government-regulated component of tuition fees, you should provide the original accrediting documents and a photocopy. If you do not provide the required documents when you enrol, you will not be able to claim the discount in question (you will find more details for the Bachelor’s Degree in International Business and Marketing or the Bachelor’s Degree in Bioinformatics).

Additional documentation

Scholarships

If you have been awarded one of the ESCI-UPF scholarships, you should provide the corresponding document.

If you want to apply for one of the scholarships that ESCI-UPF awards at the second call for applications, you should provide the necessary original documents once term has started and before 31 October

Certifying proficiency in a third language

It is important for you to certify your proficiency in a third language and to have this information included on your academic transcript and European Diploma Supplement. With this in mind, ESCI-UPF organises (and covers the cost of) a Language Proficiency Certifying Exam (PCCL) before the start of term for all new students.

PCCL

The Language Proficiency Certifying Exam (PCCL) is designed and organised by the UPF language programme. It is mandatory for all new students, unless you can provide an English Proficiency Certificate at level C1 or higher, in which case you should download and complete the Request to certify proficiency in a third language and hand it in on the day you enrol together with your English Proficiency Certificate (original and photocopy).

Timetable

  • Mandatory introductory sessions from 8 to 19 September.
  • PCCL exams: 19 and 20 September for new students taking the Bachelor’s Degree in International Business and Marketing, and 21 and 23 September for new students taking the Bachelor’s Degree in Bioinformatics.
  • Regular classes start on 20 September.

Payment information

Choose payment option before you come to enrol:

  • 100% of tuition fees upon enrolment
  • 50% of tuition fees upon enrolment and the remaining 50% in early February
  • In instalments: a down payment of 28% upon enrolment and the remaining 72%, plus a €200 surcharge, in 9 instalments, from September to May. Remember to fill in a SEPA Direct Debit Mandate if you choose this payment option.

Payment should be made via promissory note (unless you are paying instalments by direct debit). Promissory notes have a set expiry date, after which they become invalid. In that case, you will be charged a fee for issuing a new one.

Below are the tables of tuition fees for the 2022/2023 academic year for each programme: