Master of Science in International Business
Master of Science in International Business : Introduction
- Full time
- Start of classes
- 21 September 2020
- End of classes
- 28 June 2021 (to be confirmed)
- Class times
- Monday to Friday from 9:30 am to 1 pm. (Class times may exceptionally change due to academical requirements)
- Program type
- Official Master’s Degree
- 60 ECTS
- On campus
- Tuition fees
- Ciutadella Campus
ESCI-UPF in collaboration with
The Master of Science in International Business is a one-year, full-time course offered jointly by UPF’s Department of Economics and Business, ESCI-UPF and UPF Barcelona School of Management. Taught entirely in English, it is aimed at graduates from a range of fields who are keen to achieve success in today’s globalised world of business.
Students are equipped with the key skills, techniques and expertise to master the strategic decision-making processes at the heart of international business. You will learn how to operate in international markets, manage cross-cultural teams and conduct successful negotiations, as well as doing a company internship and undertaking a one-week international business trip to a foreign country. The course syllabus mirrors the way a company would tackle this challenge: internal and external diagnosis (1st term), strategic planning (2nd term) and business operations (3rd term).
The Master of Science in International Business is taught by world-class lecturers drawn from UPF's Department of Economics and Business alongside ESCI-UPF international business professionals. Known for their incisive, scientific approach and proven ability to engage with students, all the teaching staff have made notable contributions to knowledge creation in their individual field of expertise.
Why this programme?
- Excellent teaching staff. You will learn from the faculty of the UPF's Department of Economics and Business and ESCI-UPF, and from experienced professionals in the areas of management, commerce, operations and marketing, among others.
- Full immersion into internationalization. It will help you understand how to implement commercial, financial, human resources and operational strategies for the internationalization of organizations. You will develop an International Business Plan as your final MSc thesis.
- Management and communication skills. It will provide you with the skills needed to manage, communicate and negotiate in a multicultural and international business environment.
- Connection with the professional world. The MSc requires you to complete a curricular internship, which provides a relevant work experience in the field of international business.
- Business Trip. You will participate in an international business trip where you will visit institutions that facilitate internationalization and attend talks with top managers of international companies.
- To interpret current political, economic and social affairs in an international business key.
- To be able to identify, analyze and develop business opportunities in international markets.
- To acquire and put into practice the analytical tools required to develop and implement an International Business Plan.
- To develop the management skills necessary for communication and negotiation in a multicultural business environment.
- To obtain relevant work experience in the field of international business on completing the professional internship.
Who will your classmates be?
The Master of Science in International Business is aimed at recent graduates and junior professionals of diverse backgrounds who wish to acquire a realistic, practical and professional perspective of international business.
As indicated in the quality policy, the BSM is committed to continuous improvement in accordance with an institution of the highest standards of excellence.
Firmly committed to transparency, the school responds to the requirements of AQU (Quality Assurance Agency for the Catalan University System) and shares all public information related to the Master of Science in International Business to the different stakeholders.
To access the information, click here.
Looking for more information?
We inform you that the program on which you are requesting information, is taught jointly between ESCI-UPF and the UPF-Barcelona School of Management. In accordance with the provisions of Organic Law 15/1999, of December 13, Data Protection, the personal data that you provide us to request information will be stored in the files owned by ESCI-UPF and will be used directly by ESCI-UPF, or any of its collaborating entities, including the UPF-Barcelona School of Management, to send you information about our programs, including by electronic means (example: SMS, email, etc).
Therefore, you give us informed consent and authorize us to transfer to the UPF-Barcelona School of Management the personal data you provide us to contact you or send you more information about the program, manage your registration and payment, follow-up of the program, as well as any other personal data treatment related to academic purposes.
You may exercise your right to access, amend, cancel and oppose the use of your personal data at any time by writing to ESCI-UPF, Passeig de Pujades, 1, Barcelona 08803, Spain, enclosing a copy of your passport, ID card or any other valid form of identification.
For further information call 900 122 630 (or +34 932 954 710 if calling from overseas)