UNESCO Chair in Life Cycle and Climate Change
We seek a highly organised and motivated Administrative Officer to join our research team at the UNESCO Chair in Life Cycle and Climate Change hosted at the ESCI-UPF in Barcelona. The Administrative Officer will be responsible for efficiently coordinating and managing a portfolio of research projects, including handling contractual, administrative, logistical, and financial matters, under the supervision of the executive direction of the chair. This role is pivotal in supporting the successful execution and oversight of research initiatives, ensuring compliance with university and funding regulations. Eventually, this person will provide support in communication activities under the supervision of the Senior Communication Officer.
Job type: Administrative Officer
Location: This position is based at the Chair’s office in Barcelona at ESCI-UPF. Some days of home office may be negotiated
Duration of the contract: 1 year, with 1-year extensions depending on the performance until the end of the projects
Salary: 25.000/30.000 €
Starting date: ASAP
Main tasks may include
Project coordination and execution
- Coordinate the overall execution of a portfolio of projects, both competitive and non-competitive, at national and international levels.
- Lead in contractual, administrative, logistical, and financial matters
- Manage projects' economic and administrative performance (including changes in the assigned budget, schedule or scope; preparation of monthly timesheets; and gathering all the economic justification documentation) through the corresponding management platform of the assigned projects
- Preparation of detailed interim and final financial reports, ensuring compliance with EU regulations and the corresponding financial program
Project planning and implementation
- Participate in the development of operational plans for individual projects, encompassing the entire project lifecycle from initiation to completion
- Control and monitor the overall budget of the chair and perform periodic financial reports to the Executive Director (including project expenditure and other costs)
- Ensure adequate internal information flows with the Direction of the chair and the communication and financial departments of ESCI-UPF
- Help the Communication Department to prepare and implement activities such as conferences, workshops and meetings
- Help the researchers draft reports on assigned projects’ implementation, conferences, workshops and meetings
- Represent and showcase the activities and progress of the assigned projects at select events and gatherings
Stakeholders and Partners Relationships
- Sustain collaborative partnerships with project stakeholders and maintain effective communication with project partners
- Oversee and nurture relationships with relevant stakeholders for the assigned projects
- University Degree
- High proficiency in English and Spanish (oral and written). Knowledge of Catalan would be valued.
- At least four years of experience in the management of international cooperation projects
- Experience in technical and financial reporting of European projects (SUDOE, Horizon 2020, etc.).
- High proficiency in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work in multicultural environments
- Exceptional organisational skills and great attention to detail
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines
- Team spirit and the ability to work independently
Apply for this position; please upload your CV and motivation letter (both in English) before 8th December 2023.
Kindly understand that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Chair strives to be an equal opportunities employer. It undertakes that there shall be no discrimination in employment policies or salaries based on race, ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious or similar belief, sexual orientation, age, gender reassignment or marital and civil partnership status.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.