The UNESCO Chair in Life Cycle and Climate Change ESCI-UPF is an international center of excellence in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), and a leading source of innovative research on LCA and its application on mitigating climate change.
The Chair is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
To reinforce our team, the UNESCO Chair in Life Cycle and Climate Change, hosted at the ESCI-UPF in Barcelona, is opening a position for Junior Administrative and Communication Officer of European Projects. The chosen candidate will be responsible for the communication tasks of European projects besides promotion of the Chair services, under the supervision of the Senior Administrative and Communication Officer.
Main activities and responsibilities in project communication may include
- Overall responsibility for all communications tasks related to the projects.
- Support the creation of the Chair communication & marketing package.
- Maintenance and update the projects & the Chair web pages.
- Support final editing of publications.
- Daily communication with international project partners.
- Press release drafting.
- Developing, following and contributing to the implementation of the communication plan (regular updates of the website and the project platform, press release writing, updating the social media, etc.).
- Planning and organizing the project events: project follow-up and any other meeting linked to the project.
- Managing/supervising logistic aspects, working closely with the partners, preparation of meetings, and agenda sending.
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Experience with European projects management. Interreg Sudoe projects is an advantage.
- Experience with communication projects.
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree or equivalent is an advantage.
- Experience in drafting communication plans and Social Media strategies.
- Experience in communication on social media in a professional framework. In a scientific framework is an advantage.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (verbally and written). French and Catalan is an advantage.
- Good computer literacy and skills.
- Strong communication (both oral and written in formal and informal situations), presentation and organizational skills.
- Responsibility, flexibility, and ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Ability to work in a multinational environment.
- Job type: Communications & marketing tasks.
- Location: This position is based at the Chair’s office in Barcelona at ESCI-UPF.
- Duration of the contract: 1 year, with 1-year extensions depending on the performance until the end of the project
- Salary: commensurate with experience.
- Cooperation on excellent European collaborative R&D&I projects with the participation of leading European R&D&I organizations, SMEs, and large industries.
- Further education and professional development.
- Starting date: as soon as possible.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and motivation letter (both in English) merged into one single PDF before Saturday, 10 December 2022