UNESCO Chair in Life Cycle and Climate Change
About the Chair
The UNESCO Chair in Life Cycle and Climate Change ESCI-UPF is an international centre of excellence in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), and a leading source of innovative research on LCA and its application on mitigating climate change.
The Chair is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
To reinforce our team, the UNESCO Chair in Life Cycle and Climate Change, hosted at the ESCI-UPF in Barcelona, is opening a position for an Administrative and Communication Officer of European Projects. The chosen candidate will be responsible for the overall administration and communication support of a GREENTOUR - SOE4/P5/E1089 under INTERREG SUDOE programme. The project deals with Sustainable Tourism and will deliver Life Cycle based tools for tourism activities self assessment. This project involves organizations from France, Portugal, Spain, and Andorra.
- Job type: 60% of time from which 25% will work on admin and 75% on Communications tasks.
- Location: This position is based at the Chair’s office in Barcelona.The Chair will follow the official governmental policy related to COVID requirements;
- Duration of the contract: Until February 2023 with possibility of extension.
- Salary: commensurate with experience.
- Starting date: as soon as possible.
Main activities and responsibilities In project administration and management include:
- overall responsibility for the administrative management of the project in close cooperation with the technical project coordinator;
- providing administrative assistance to the partners of the consortium;
- project progress monitoring;
- preparation and processing of technical and financial reports;
- organization of teleconferences / project meetings / workshops / conferences;
- preparing minutes and meeting reports.
Main activities and responsibilities in project communication include:
- overall responsibility for the communications coordination and management of the project in close cooperation with the technical project coordinator;
- providing communication guidance to the partners of the consortium;
- maintenance and update of project web page;
- support to final editing of publications;
- daily communication with international project partners;
- press release drafting;
- developing, following and contributing to the implementation of the communication plan (regulars update of the website and the project platform, press release writing, updating the social media, etc).
- planning and organizing the project events: project follow-up, and any other meeting linked to the project: managing/supervising logistic aspects, working closely with the partners, preparation of meeting, and agenda sending.
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of experience with project administration, management, and communication;
- Master degree or equivalent preferred;
- previous experience in EU funded projects;
- previous experience in INTERREG is an advantage;
- previous experience in INTERREG SUDOE highly desirable;
- experience in drafting communication plans and Social Media strategies;
- experience in communication on social media in a professional and scientific framework;
- fluent in English and Spanish (both verbally and in written), French or Catalan is an advantage;
- good computer literacy and skills;
- strong communication (both oral and written in formal and informal situations), presentation and organizational skills;
- target oriented;
- responsibility, flexibility, ability to work both in team and independently;
- ability to work in multinational environment;
- cooperation on excellent European collaborative R&D&I projects with participation of leading European R&D&I organizations as well as SMEs and large industries;
- further education and professional development;
- job location in Barcelona;
- 60% time contract for the duration of the project (2023) with possibility for extension and expansion to 100%.
- salary commensurate with experience and workload;
- expected to start working ASAP.
*Deadline: February 14th 2021
Kindly understand that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Chair strives to be an equal opportunities employer and undertakes that there shall be no discrimination in employment policies or salaries on grounds of race, ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious or similar belief, sexual orientation, age, gender reassignment or marital and civil partnership status.