Postgraduate Course in Sustainability Transition Management and Climate Emergency
Postgraduate Course in Sustainability Transition Management and Climate Emergency : Programme
Approximately 70% of classes are taught in Spanish and the remaining 30% in English. You should have at least a B1 level of proficiency in English to follow the classes properly.
Companies all have their part to play in protecting the environment. They need to identify and remedy critical points for sustainability in the value chain and roll out management systems to improve and accredit sustainability standards.
- Major environmental challenges of our time
- Sustainability management systems
Define and set out the impact and scope of emissions, carbon footprint and water footprint. Calculate the carbon and water footprints and set emission reduction targets. Introduction to life cycle analysis and ecodesign.
- Conceptual basis of the carbon footprint
- Calculating an organisation’s carbon footprint (Scopes 1, 2 and 3)
- Conceptual basis of the water footprint and relevance for an organisation
- Calculating a water footprint
- Drawing up an Environmental Footprint Reduction Plan
- Ecodesign in circular economy
Set a framework for the notion of sustainable finance and circular transition finance. Funding options, new opportunities and tax treatment.
- Notion of sustainable finance
- Regional and EU public- and private-sector grants
- Tax treatment of sustainable investments
Set the company’s environmental goals with management. Design internal and external communication of changes towards sustainability. Allocate specific functions to team members to involve all departments. Onward communication using ecolabels, environmental hallmarks, product environmental declarations, etc.
- Senior management’s commitment to the sustainability transition
- Internal and external sustainability communication
- Strategic communication
- Environmental product communication: ecolabelling