Master of Science in International Business
Master of Science in International Business : Introduction
- Full time
- Start of classes
- 16 September 2019
- End of classes
- 28 June 2020 (to be confirmed)
- Program type
- Official Master’s Degree
- 60 ECTS
- On campus
- Tuition fees
- Ciutadella Campus
ESCI-UPF in collaboration with
Offered jointly between the UPF Department of Economics and Business, the ESCI-UPF, and the UPF Barcelona School of Management, the Master of Science in International Business is a one-year, full time program entirely taught in English. It is targeted at graduates from different spheres of knowledge who wish to obtain the knowledge, techniques, skills and critical attitudes to understand and be successful in the current context of the global company. The program includes a curricular internship and a one-week international business trip to a foreign country.
Practically focused and internationally oriented, the Master of Science in International Business is organized so that students learn about all the processes and strategic decisions involved in business internationalization. Throughout the program, students learn how to operate in international markets, manage cross-cultural teams and communicate and negotiate internationally. The program's curriculum unfolds parallel to the internationalization process of a company: internal and external diagnosis (1st term), strategic planning (2nd term) and business operation (3rd term).
The Master of Science in International Business benefits from the outstanding, hand-picked faculty of UPF's world ranked Department of Economics and Business and the professional international business expertise of ESCI-UPF. The program's faculty is known for their scientific approach, their constant contribution to creating knowledge and their proven ability to stimulate and convey knowledge.
Why this programme?
- Because you will be taught by the internationally top-ranked lecturers at the best Spanish university, according to theTimes Higher Education World University Rankings (2013).
- Because it includes a free Spanish course and Career Development Programme.
- Because the mandatory internship and one-week overseas business trip let you apply your newly acquired skills to real-life projects.
- Because it is an officially accredited master’s course recognised by both the Spanish Ministry of Education and the European Higher Education Area.
- Because it offers you an unmatched international education experience with students of many different nationalities (in 2014, 83% of MSc students came from 40 different countries).
- To interpret current political, economic and social affairs in an international business key.
- To be able to identify, analyse and develop business opportunities in international markets.
- To master tools of analysis for creating and implementing an International Business Plan and to put them into practice in the Master’s Degree Final Project.
- To design and carry out the analytical, operational and strategic functions of international business.
- To develop and implement commercial, financial, human-resources and operations strategies and learn about the legal requirements for a company doing international business.
- To promote the management skills necessary for communication and negotiation in a multicultural business environment.
- To obtain relevant work experience in the field of international business through the MSc internship.
The Master of Science in International Business is aimed at recent graduates and junior professionals withdifferent backgrounds eager to acquire a realistic, practical and professional perspective of international business.
Looking for more information?
We inform you that the program on which you are requesting information, is taught jointly between ESCI-UPF and the UPF-Barcelona School of Management. In accordance with the provisions of Organic Law 15/1999, of December 13, Data Protection, the personal data that you provide us to request information will be stored in the files owned by ESCI-UPF and will be used directly by ESCI-UPF, or any of its collaborating entities, including the UPF-Barcelona School of Management, to send you information about our programs, including by electronic means (example: SMS, email, etc).
Therefore, you give us informed consent and authorize us to transfer to the UPF-Barcelona School of Management the personal data you provide us to contact you or send you more information about the program, manage your registration and payment, follow-up of the program, as well as any other personal data treatment related to academic purposes.
You may exercise your right to access, amend, cancel and oppose the use of your personal data at any time by writing to ESCI-UPF, Passeig de Pujades, 1, Barcelona 08803, Spain, enclosing a copy of your passport, ID card or any other valid form of identification.
For further information call 900 122 630 (or +34 932 954 710 if calling from overseas)