Full-time lecturer and area coordinator | Bachelor Degree in Bioinformatics
ESCI-UPF, managing the Bachelor Degree of Bioinformatics, a joint degree of the four main universities in Catalunya (UAB, UB, UPF and UPC) is seeking a full-time lecturer and area coordinator for the degree.
The main tasks will involve coordinating different aspects of the degree, as well as a maximum of 160 hours of teaching (12 ECTs).
She/he must have a significant expertise in any Bioinformatics area, a PhD in any related area (Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry) and a strong interest in teaching and students mentoring.
The coordinator will report to the Head of studies and will be in charge of insuring a correct functioning of the degree. Her/his tasks will include:
- Subjects coordination in each area of knowledge. This will involve exchanges with professors to improve the teaching and solving day to day issues.
- Deployment of new subjects.
- Academic management such as academic calendar preparation, exam calendar, assignment of supervisors, teaching staff, timetable staff, coordination of areas of knowledge.
- Attendance to student committee and faculty committee.
- Compilation of the annual monitoring reports for internal and external instances of the degree.
- Coordination of the relationship between the students of the same course and the teaching staff and the management.
- Promote, jointly with the Head of Studies, cooperative work among teachers.
- Monitor the students’ academic level, especially first year, to insure adequation between the degree design and its objectives.
- Pro-actively seek ways of improving the quality of the degree in concertation with the Head of study.
- Promotion of the degree through dedicated events.
- English is the only language in use for the teaching, meeting and relationship with students.
- The coordinator will teach a maximum of 12 credits (160 hours). Topics will depend on his/her area of expertise and may involve the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, or programming.
- The coordinator will also be in charge of tutoring approximately 40 students. This task involves individual sessions organised 3 times a year.
Send detailed CV with complete record of teaching and research experience, names and contact details of 2 references and a presentation letter.
Competitive salary according to the value and experience of the candidate.
* Deadline: Friday 5 june 2020